Alpha Testing - Bug Reporting and Tracking

• So there are a few bugs with the current content, minimal though it may be. Please post here of anything you may find in terms of bugs and it will be added to the list.

Currently known bugs.

- Swirl hunters and beggar - Bodies start in a ball (due to no idle animation)

Prometheus

Site Admin

• - Stats - If you spend all of your stat points it creates infinite server calls when you open your inventory. Almost like a memory leak and will eventually cause you to crash if you have your inventory open for 20 or 30 seconds. This happens with any number of points, even the first free 10 points you get on character creation
    Prometheus

Site Admin

• Here's a list of problems I find during my time in the demo client.

- I can only walk backward in order to move places.
    - Moving side to side, for example, pressing A (going left) would make go right and vice versa (only when I move backward.
    - When jumping and pressing W at the same time I can stay in the air forever until I move backward.
    - The map can be confusing at times because floor x is overlapping floor y.

Things I like/love.

- The walking backward animation is really smooth.
    - Lighting is really good even when looking from afar.
    - Love the wizard model.

My thoughts so far.

When booting up the demo it took about 10 to 20 minutes before there was a login screen for me which was fine but everything was blacked out for another 10 to 20 minutes. It could have been that I alt tabbed a lot and that delayed it further but I really don't know. I got to the character selection screen I decided to go with the wizard class because I love wizards, getting into the game about 10 minutes or less but at least it wasn't like 20 minutes. I looked at my character and looking around and everything was exciting for me! I've been waiting for a year since I discovered this website. Trying to look at my character I noticed how they won't stay still when you try to look at them in the front but that's alright. Next, I tried first walking forward and nothing happened, so pressing S and it worked. Loving how polished the backward animation I didn't mind going like this for the time being so I went to the first NPC I see and accept the killing mission. Looking around the enemies I was supposed to kill were dead so walking around would be the best idea to have a good sense of the map. When I got to the lower floor while looking at the map there wasn't a separate lower floor map because the main floor and the lower floor are overlapping. It was very good for a demo and a huge step for doing all of this! I hope my experience will improve gameplay.
    Sefrent

• The only character that has full movement animations is the commando. The ranger and wizard are holdovers from base hero engine so you wont be able to move or attack or anything with those 2 characters as they are now heavily buggerd.

So making the character using the commando is a must.

Eventually the character creation is going to have a full overhaul. What you see there is just placeholder.

Alt tabbing and not having game on "top" will make loading stop, which is why it probably took so long to load in hehe.

Added to that, first load in takes a while anyway, it was like making your first load 50x longer than it should be.

Eventually the maps will be replaced with hand drawn renders and will work with floors. At the moment they are just a pure copy render of the models that are in the area. Not very good for visuals and performance, so stay tuned on that one.

Great feedback :)
    Prometheus

Site Admin

• Fixed the broken mission and added several additional missions in the starting area.
    Prometheus

Site Admin

• - Setting either walk or sprint speed and then tabbing out and coming back into the game will make movement speed revert to default run speed.
    Prometheus

Site Admin

• Fixed issues with mob spawning/despawning

Fixed issues with looting crates dropped from NPC kills

Fixed issues with loot crates not despawning correctly
    Prometheus

Site Admin

• Fixed issue of with not being able to get mission completion on tasks that required you to speak to a Banker or Vendor type NPC.
    Prometheus

Site Admin

• Fixed a problem where a missions would not give an item reward upon completion.
    Prometheus

Site Admin

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION

Information