THE MECHANIMUS [Discussion thread]

Not covered in another forum section? Discuss it here.
Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:49 am

• So I'm sitting here, lurking through various websites in the middle of the night (it's what I do) when I find the concept art for THE MECHANIMUS

Why is there a female version if they're a non-organic race/thing? It would server no purpose, unless of course they were previously used by humans and or other humanoids and created them like that for visual appeal

(The first of my many spam threads about absolutely nothing!)
    theForth

• theForth wrote:So I'm sitting here, lurking through various websites in the middle of the night (it's what I do) when I find the concept art for THE MECHANIMUS

Why is there a female version if they're a non-organic race/thing? It would server no purpose, unless of course they were previously used by humans and or other humanoids and created them like that for visual appeal

(The first of my many spam threads about absolutely nothing!)

The Mechanimus were servants for the humans, centuries ago before they became self aware and rebelled. Their visual appearance was made to mimic their creators so as to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye of their masters. The Mechanimus actually come in all shapes and sizes, so what you have seen in the current concepts are only touching the surface of what is to come.
    Prometheus

Site Admin

• Adult analog Mechanimus? No problem... frag grenade, shrapnel mine, emp burst! Ogrish combat model Mechanimus? No problem... rocket launcher, mortar round, tank shell! Child analog Mechanimus? Freaking run... just RUN! NOPE NOPE NOPE!

(I have a thing about dolls... and that would just creep me out.)
    You would probably lose your header if it weren't compiled on. ~ Tron 2.0
    It's amazing how productive doing nothing can be. ~ Flynn
    Find me on Twitch/Steam/Origin (soon: Worpress/Twitter/Facebook) - Failtasmagoria
    NullUnit

• There will be far more creepier things than the Mechanimus...believe me.

At least with these guys you will get cold logic, no such luck from other, far more hideous beings ;)
    Prometheus

Site Admin

Return to EVERYTHING ELSE

Information