Gangs and Corps - Discussion

Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:47 am

Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:16 am

• So, this is part of the Reputation system then? Will we be able to "gain rank" within these gangs and eventually join the ranks officially or will they remain NPC groups and just offer perks for reputation ranking?
    You would probably lose your header if it weren't compiled on. ~ Tron 2.0
    It's amazing how productive doing nothing can be. ~ Flynn
    Find me on Twitch/Steam/Origin (soon: Worpress/Twitter/Facebook) - Failtasmagoria
    NullUnit

Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:32 am

• NullUnit wrote:So, this is part of the Reputation system then? Will we be able to "gain rank" within these gangs and eventually join the ranks officially or will they remain NPC groups and just offer perks for reputation ranking?

The gangs and corps are smaller entities within the larger world. Most are essentially sub factions within the main factions. While you can not physically join them as you can the larger overarching factions, you can increase your standing to gain rewards. These rewards may not just be restricted to items or trinkets of minor value, but could also lead to opening up a whole can of worms into the corporate world (business ownership anyone?),
    Prometheus

Site Admin

Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:51 am

• I'm guessing that increasing favor with one gang would decrease favor with another gang. Having high favor with a gang can help in areas where that gang has a heavy influence, e.g. lower prices, combat help or even access to resources that are harder to get otherwise.

What would be cool is to invest into gangs to help spread their influence, so that corps eventually start indirectly by investing in gangs xD
    It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live. -Marcus Aurelius
    Rayce Kaiser

Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:34 pm

• Rayce Kaiser wrote:I'm guessing that increasing favor with one gang would decrease favor with another gang. Having high favor with a gang can help in areas where that gang has a heavy influence, e.g. lower prices, combat help or even access to resources that are harder to get otherwise.

What would be cool is to invest into gangs to help spread their influence, so that corps eventually start indirectly by investing in gangs xD

Indeed. Some gangs are not connected in any way so interactions with them will not effect certain other gangs.

With the cyberpunk genre, the legalised corps usually have their fingers in all the pies (including the less than legal elements of making money) ;)
    Prometheus

Site Admin

Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:39 am

• I may have a few unrealistic questions:

Is it possible for a group of players ( or a whole clan) to demolish a gang/corp? I was wondering since I was thinking about how the discussion went.

1: It would be unlikely but would the NPC respawn as fast as you kill them?

2: Can you keep tabs and lay siege against them until they run out of resources from the larger factions (maybe) supplying them?

3:Would the gang/corp get stronger since players can just walk in and kick them around,increasing their defence/attack and etc?

4: Is there an area player can't enter, but neutral/friendly players can since they don't have serious negative relationships with them, so NPC can respawn?
    Sefrent

Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:18 pm

• As a sandbox, we want the world to be fluid and as natural an organism as possible. This means that it could be possible to take apart corps and gangs or even take them over. Saying that though, there will be some baseline to ensure there is always this kind of content.

Example, if a prominent gang is killed off, 2 more may appear to try and fill the void in the power shift.
    Prometheus

Site Admin

Return to GAMEPLAY

Information