Kismet - Discussion

Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:49 am

Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:07 am

• Ok... so Kismet will slowly reset to neutral over time. Will this reset while the character is logged in or will it "regenerate" while the character is offline as well? My first concern about this is someone going on a rampage and then logging that character out for a while to reset their Kismet while they play on another character.

I like the concept though! Don't get me wrong... I almost think that, if a character reaches -100, there should be a bounty system or something so that they can only go back from that point of no return once their bounty has been fulfilled. That provides at least some worry of taking things "too far" on the streets. Serial killers beware...
    You would probably lose your header if it weren't compiled on. ~ Tron 2.0
    It's amazing how productive doing nothing can be. ~ Flynn
    Find me on Twitch/Steam/Origin (soon: Worpress/Twitter/Facebook) - Failtasmagoria
    NullUnit

Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:15 am

• Negative Kismet rating will only regenerate slowly overtime while logged in. This is of course to prevent the problem that you mention. In RP terms, we can think of the slow regeneration as people forgetting your crimes after finding a new fad to latch onto and the authorities losing interest in catching you after finding a new menace of the day to deal with.

Bounty hunting players with negative rating can be fruitful. We are still working out a design to tie in a bounty system with the kistmet, so stay tuned.
    Prometheus

Site Admin

Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:25 am

• We have stepped up to that point, then great.
    Ktmdukes

Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:10 am

• Im glad you actually already thought of this.
    Arngrim

Return to GAMEPLAY

Information