Zone Security Rating - Discussion

Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:39 am

• It will be nice to have a MMO that the police actually does it's job besides giving quests. But this will all depend on how smart their A.I. will be.
    If there happens to be any typo, sorry, BRs gonna hue!
    Mudley

• Mudley wrote:It will be nice to have a MMO that the police actually does it's job besides giving quests. But this will all depend on how smart their A.I. will be.

We do want NPC organisations to be as organic as possible. This means giving them roles to do other than being static automatons. Police and governmental forces will actually take direct proactive approaches to dealing with malcontents and criminal scum.
    Prometheus

Site Admin

• The way I am reading this, it could potentially create dynamic changes within zones so that some zones are different each time to visit. For instance, the first time through it could be a green zone where it's relatively peaceful and more of a walk in the park, whereas, weeks later, this zone could be a black zone where gangs have moved in, police presence is high, and it's more akin to a war zone than previously experienced. Is this accurate?
    You would probably lose your header if it weren't compiled on. ~ Tron 2.0
    It's amazing how productive doing nothing can be. ~ Flynn
    Find me on Twitch/Steam/Origin (soon: Worpress/Twitter/Facebook) - Failtasmagoria
    NullUnit

• Static gameplay leads to boredom. From the very start, we have planned to create systems that are dynamic in how they respond to player input. We are always looking closely at ways to make the game mutable in terms of content. Certain zones will change over time in response to player actions (or inactions).

Saying that, there are some zones that will remain the same.
    Prometheus

Site Admin

• Can players help make an Area safer by patrolling with the security force, or gathering the equipment and supplies to the local authority thus increasing the police presence? I know from the article that the security force will slowly erode away in time as more dangerous gangs (assuming that not many players go to that particular area) settles in.
    Sefrent

Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:16 pm

• Yes, there will be such a system in place that makes player actions be beneficial or harmful to a security rating. Maybe an alliance of criminal based players want to make a zone unlawful for their own purposes, so they carry out directed and purposeful attacks against security and other governmental infrastructure.
    Prometheus

Site Admin

Return to GAMEPLAY

Information